Calling all BBQ Enthusiasts! 🍗 Pulled pork sandwiches 🍔 are perfect for the summer because this recipe doesn’t require you to grill meat in the blazing sun! Instead, you can create these delicious sandwiches with an electric cooker that you already have at home!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 4 hamburger or brioche buns
- 3-4 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Honey Glaze Sauce
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Trim off any large pieces of fat from the surface of the pork. Cut the pork into 4 pieces.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar, and pepper evenly over all sides of the pork, then gently pat the seasonings into the meat.
- Turn on your electric pressure cooker and change the settings to sauté mode. Once heated, add the oil.
- Working in 2 batches, add the pork and sear on all sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork to a plate. Turn off the sauté function, then pour in water into the cooker and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in Honey Glaze, then place the pork into the pot.
- Lock the lid into place and make sure the valve is set to seal. Set to cook on high pressure for 1 hour. The cooker should take 10-12 minutes to come up to pressure.
- Open the pressure release valve (quick release) as soon as the cook time is up. Transfer the pork to a clean cutting board or rimmed baking sheet.
- Set the cooker to boil and reduce the sauce by about half for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, use 2 forks to shred the meat into bite-sized pieces. Discard any large pieces of fat.
- Return the shredded pork to the cooker and mix well with the sauce.
- Toast burger buns.
- Add the lettuce to the bottom bun and top it off with a serving of pulled pork and finish off the sandwich with the remaining bun.
- If you want to add more heat to the sandwich, add some KPOP Sauce or KPOP XXX for a satisfying kick!