Corn fritters are classic summer treat. Essentially they are a corn batter that is fried til golden brown for a crispy exterior and soft interior, much like pancakes! They can be served with syrup if you have a sweet tooth or with delicious Kimchi Mayo Sauce if you prefer savory foods!
Serves: 7 fritters //Prep Time: 5 min. // Cook Time: 10 min.
- 1.5 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sliced scallions, for serving
- KPOP Kimchi Mayo, for serving
- Stir together the corn kernels, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper
- Stir in the eggs and heavy cream until the batter is well-combined.
- Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, scoop 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of the corn batter into the pan, spreading it into a circular shape.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook them an additional 3 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
- Garnish with scallions and serve them with Kimchi Mayo Sauce for dipping.
Shop This Recipe