Korean flavor meets Vietnamese banh mi 🏻, a fusion twist you didn’t know you needed! This banh mi is loaded with flavor from the gochujang meatballs to the pickled radish and fresh vegetables. The Korean and Vietnamese flavors marry so well together, you would've never guessed that it’s not traditionally served this way. Luckily, there are no rules to food and we keep adding our Korean Chili Sauce to any and everything. These sandwiches work as the perfect lunch and are crazy easy to pack to go. Bring this banh mi with you the next time you go on an outing and are looking for a delicious filling meal! 😋
Serves: 2 // Prep Time: 10 minutes // Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 400 grams minced pork
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs Korean Chili Sauce
- 2 baguettes
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 lime sliced
- Kimchi Mayo
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- Sliced Korean pickled radish
- Preheat oven to 390 F
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic.
- Julienne carrots and cucumber
- In a large bowl, combine minced pork, garlic, Korean Chili Sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide mixture and roll into medium sized meatballs with your hands.
- Heat pan over medium high.
- Cook meatalls for 3 minutes each side.
- While meatballs are cooking, toast baguettes.
- When done cooking set meatballs to the side.
- Spread Kimchi Mayo Sauce on the inside of baguette, then fill with Korean radish, cucumber, and carrots. Carefully place meatballs inside, top with parsley and more Kimchi Mayo Sauce.
Despite all the different ingredients that go into it, it really is that easy! Add your vegetables of choice to give it your personal twist. This banh mi is so versatile and can go many different ways. Let us know what you put in yours!
Shop This Recipe