Slaw dogs with a Korean twist, we’re telling you it really is the best of both worlds! Simple yet packed with flavor 😋 - you get tanginess from the kimchi and a nice kick from the jalapenos. The warm savory hotdog in contrast with the cold crisp slaw provides the perfect bite that takes you on a total flavor journey. Sometimes it’s okay to ditch the classics and serve yourself something up with a twist.
Serves:4 // Prep Time:20 minutes // Cook Time:10 minutes
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Korean Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deveined and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 ounces of chopped kimchi
Kimchi Mayo Sauce
- In small bowl, mix rice vinegar, Korean Chili Sauce, brown sugar, dijon mustard, olive oil, sesame oil, salt and black pepper for slaw dressing. Set aside.
- In large bowl, add cabbage, carrots, jalapeño, red onion, sesame seeds.
- When ready to use slaw, add in dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Score each hot dog 3-4 times on one side.
- Heat up grill to medium heat, grill hot dogs on all sides evenly.
- Add kimchi in each bun, then the hot dog, and top with slaw.
- Drizzle the slaw dogs with Kimchi Mayo Sauce and indulge in a big bite!
Grill these up at your next backyard BBQ or just for lunch, either way it’ll hit the spot every time.
Shop This Recipe