We all know and love omelettes as a breakfast food that deliciously combines our favorite meats 🍗 and vegetables 🧅, but have you ever tried a seaweed omelette? A seaweed omelette is a staple Korean dish that is normally enjoyed with a bowl of rice, kimchi, and hot stew! This recipe might be a healthier option to the omelette you had in mind so try recreating it for your next meal!
Serves: 2 / Prep Time: 5 min / Cook Time: 10 min
- 5 extra large eggs
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 pack of KPOP Sea Snacks
- Cooking oil
- Break the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl and beat the eggs lightly.
- Sieve through the eggs into another bowl. Add the rice wine and salt and whisk them well.
- Move the egg mixture into a measuring cup with a handle so that it’s easier to pour it out.
- Heat the pan on medium low heat and add some cooking oil. Spread it throughout the pan. Reduce the heat to low.
- Pour out a thin layer of egg mixture onto the pan and spread it by slowly tilting the pan. Once the edge of the egg is cooked and the top of the egg is about 80% cooked, add KPOP Sea Snack sheets on top of the egg and start rolling the egg with a spatula or chopsticks.
- Push aside the rolled egg to the right and brush some cooking oil in the empty space on the left side of the pan.
- Pour out another thin layer of egg mixture on the empty space and when the top of the egg is about 80 to 85 % cooked, add two Sea Snack sheets on top of the egg and start rolling the egg with a spatula or chopsticks. Repeat this step until the egg mixture is used up.
- Take out the rolled eggs and cool them down for 5 to 10 mins on a cutting board.
- Slice the rolled egg into bite size pieces.
- Top with KPOP Sauce and kimchi for a flavor explosion!
We hope you enjoy this omelette recipe for your next snack or meal! Stay saucy. 😉
Shop This Recipe