KPOP. Honey. Butter. Shrimp. While that's all we have to tell you, we won't hold back. Tender and soft with every bite, this dish packs plenty of rich and spicy seafood flavors. Try this recipe with KPOP Sauce, the chili sauce with attitude and taste the party.
Prep time: 10 min / Cooking time: 15 min / Serving: 4
- 1/4 cup KPOP Sauce (more if you want to kick up the heat)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lb of raw, peeled, deveined shrimp (XL - 26-30)
- 1/2 large lemon
- 1.5 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic (finely sliced)
- 2 green onions (separate the green stalks from the white and cut the white parts thinly on a bias for garnish)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a skillet on med heat - add the olive oil and the butter and just melt the butter, do not brown it. Once melted add the thin sliced garlic and stir. You want to flavor the butter with garlic but not brown it.
- Season the shrimp with all of the Old Bay and add to the skillet.
- Squeeze the 1/2 lemon juice to the shrimp and stir. Cook for about two minutes constantly stirring until the shrimp starts to turn orange.
- Add in the sesame oil, honey, and KPOP Sauce and coat everything by stirring continuously.
- Cook for another two minutes while stirring and add then add in the green onion stalks (the green part cut into 3 in pieces). Cook for another two to three minutes until the shrimp is done and then remove from the skillet.
- For plating, remove the shrimp and green onions first and then pour the sauce over everything. Garnish with the green onion (white part) and toasted sesame seeds and serve hot.
- Bon appétit!