Risotto is the kind of comfort food that hits the spot every time. 😋 It’s creamy, warm, and fluffy when done right. Lucky for you, we have a foolproof risotto recipe that is packed with flavor and delicious juicy shrimp that’ll make every bite, *chefs kiss*. You won’t even be able to tell that it’s homemade and not straight from a restaurant.
Serves:2 // Prep Time:10 minutes // Cook Time:30 minutes
- 12 medium-sized shrimp cleaned, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 white or yellow onion finely diced
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons Korean Chili Sauce
1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. half and half
- finely chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, two tablespoons of olive oil, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, bring chicken broth to simmer, then reduce the heat to low while you cook the risotto.
- In large sauté pan over medium heat, coat in olive oil
- Add onion, season with salt, and stir until transluscent.
- Add minced garlic to pan, cook until fragrant.
- Add arborio rice, and toast the rice until it starts browning.
- Pour in white wine, making sure to stir so the rice absorbs all liquid.
- Slowly ladle chicken broth in, allowing the rice to fully absorb the broth before the next ladle.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, add shrimp and cook until crispy on the outside.
- Set shrimp aside over a paper towel to drain excess oils.
- Once risotto thickens, remove from heat.
- Add parmesan cheese, Korean Chili Sauce, and half and half. Mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shrimp, and finely chopped parsley to serve!
You’re set to make the most delicious risotto you’ve had yet. Sharing is caring, so cook this up for all your friends and family. Make sure to make extras because no doubt, people will want seconds!
Shop This Recipe