Tteokguk, or rice cake soup, is made with sliced rice cakes in beef broth. It is traditionally consumed on the first day of the new year, however, it is a delicious comfort food that can be enjoyed any time!
Serves: 4 // Prep Time: 30 min. // Cook Time: 24 min.
- 300g of Rice cake
- 150g of thinly sliced beef
- 1L of water
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp. of soy sauce
- green onion, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sesame oil, to taste
- 1 egg, for garnish
- 1 pack KPOP Sea Snacks, for garnish
- Marinate rice cakes in 3 tbsp. of soy sauce.
- Pour sesame oil on a heated pan, then stir-fry the minced beef.
- Once the beef is cooked, add 2 tsp of soy sauce and 1 tsp of cooking wine and stir-fry a little more.
- Add 1L of water to beef and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Put rice cakes into a boiling beef water pot and boil for 3~4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the boiling water.
- Add additional sesame oil and salt to taste.
- Garnish with KPOP Sea Snacks and egg.
Shop This Recipe